4/07/2010

Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs


Silver Borneby Patricia Briggs
March 30, 2010
Fantasy/Paranormal/Romance
Penguin

Why I read it: I've read all the others in the series, and I love Mercy, Adam, Samuel, Jesse, Warren, Kyle, Darryl, Aurielle, Honey, Bran, Charles, etc.

Synopsis from Barnesandnoble[dot]com.

When mechanic and shapeshifter Mercy Thompson attempts to return a powerful Fae book she'd previously borrowed in an act of desperation, she finds the bookstore locked up and closed down.

It seems the book contains secret knowledge-and the Fae will do just about anything to keep it out of the wrong hands. And if that doesn't take enough of Mercy's attention, her friend Samuel is struggling with his wolf side-leaving Mercy to cover for him, lest his own father declare Sam's life forfeit.
All in all, Mercy has had better days. And if she isn't careful, she might not have many more to live...
********************************************************************************************************

Despite already knowing about the series and wanting to read it so desperately, the cover looks amazing. As always. One thing that someone told me they noticed is that her tattoo's don't match on ever cover. Which, I've never put to the test, but I can see that there's a lot more. And I can't remember her ever talking about tattoos in the book [besides the wolf paw--erm, coyote paw], but that's probably my early Alzheimer working its magic. Even if her tattoos change, I still love the girl on the cover.

I can't remember how the hook was, but I didn't really need one. The hook was already in place when I finished the last book. I always want to know the deep secrets of Mercy and Adam's relationship. But I don't know why I expect it when every time, Patricia Briggs lets me know that Mercy doesn't want to show that part. Or maybe it's Adam. He is the chauvinistic quiet guy that doesn't like "claiming" his woman with the other ultra-sensitive-eared werewolves in the house. *giggle*

I really really really didn't want to finish this book. Which is a sign of an awesome read. Because if I did, then I would either find the last of their story. OR [and hopefully it's this rather than the other], I'll have to wait way too long for the next one. And really, 1 day is too long.

After I finished, I felt angry, sad, happy, excited, eager, sweet, and all the above. It left off one way, but I couldn't help but feel everything that happened in the book and everything that would happen in the [hopefully soon] next book

I will probably re-read this book several times. Just like I have every other Mercy Thompson book. I will however, skip over the fae parts. I read on someone's blog (can't remember where, sorry) that the fae parts could have been left out and it would still have been a great story. And to be honest, I would probably skip over those parts when I re-read this book. MOstly because I love Adam and Mercy and they're every thought/desire should be out there for me to read consecutively.


This book is great for EVERYONE. It doesn't have any feel like Twilight werewolves. There is romance there, but it's minimal, the development of the characters is fantastic. Male, female, 16-73. All can read the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs.

Ratings:
1.Cover: +1
2. Hooked: +1
3. Finished the book: +1
4. Overall Feeling: Pos +2
5. Re-Readability: +1
6. Suggest to others: +2
7. Lost time: Nope +1
8. Grammar:+1

so it looks like I have my first 10 out of 10. My 2nd book in my 30 books this year, and I get a 10! I'm so excited :D. I know I won't be able to get this lucky for long, so I won't expect it, but doesn't it feel nice to have awesome books to read? YESS!!!

Others in series:
Moon Called
Blood Bound
Iron Kissed
Bone Crossed
Silver Borne
Homecoming (Graphic Novel Series #1)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails