5/03/2010

Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts

Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts

Series: Bride Quartet
Penguin
Released 4/27/2010
$16.00


Why I read: I read the first two in this series and enjoyed them! I wanted to continue reading to find out what happens with each character.

Favorite Quotes:
(talking about exercise endorphins. Laurel to Mac)
"How do you know when you orgasm?"
"Yea?" Mac brightened. "It's like that?"
"Sadly no, but the principle of 'you know when you get there' is the same..."


(Parker and Laurel. Del took something of hers)
"It was nothing like that. I took them off, and then he was there, and I left them after... Nothing. It was sort of tit for tat."
Parker nodded. "Your tit or his tat?"



Barnes and Noble Synopsis:


New Love takes the cake in the third novel in Nora Roberts's new Bride Quartet-in a stunning French flap edition Wedding baker Laurel McBane is surrounded by romance working at Vows wedding planning company with her best friends Parker, Emma, and Mac. But she's too low-key to appreciate all the luxuries that their clients seem to long for. What she does appreciate is a strong, intelligent man, a man just like Parker's older brother Delaney, on whom she's had a mega-crush since childhood. But some infatuations last longer than others, and Laurel is convinced that the Ivy League lawyer is still out of her reach. Plus, Del is too protective of Laurel to ever cross the line with her-or so she thinks. When Laurel's quicksilver moods get the better of her-leading to an angry, hot, all-together mind-blowing kiss with Del-she'll have to quiet the doubts in her mind to turn a moment of passion into forever...

************************************************************************************** 

My review: 


I had been looking forward to this book since I finished Bed of Roses (having already read the first in the Bride Quartet Series: Vision in White). This book, though I wished it were different, failed to deliver... anything.


I was looking forward to reading about the brother. He was the protector of the group of girls, and he had a problem with the love interest in Bed of Roses, and I just wanted to see how he thought of himself having already scolded someone for doing the same thing. That, and I hardly knew much about Laurel from the previous books so I was excited to see who she really was.


I was ready for internal conflict or awkward moments, etc. None came. Everything was perfect. Sun shining, orgasmic sex every time (though briefly glossed over), hard work out schedule (who sticks to it so religiously?!) and everyone loves everything she does. There was hardly any ugly moments and when there was, it had nothing to do with the character really. Someone else was creating the ugly moment. They were both really boring people.


The only time either Del or Laurel showed an ounce of human was at his office. And that was just Del. A lot of times, either one would "think" something profound and there would be no tension or suspense built to that moment. For example, after "ee eee eee-ing" (aka.. how #1 and I refer to having sex as) together, Laurel thought it was a life time of dreams come true... without build up. The sex was glossed over so much that you couldn't even grasp what they were feeling (obviously the emotions, since that's how women have sex mostly, and it would appeal to a greater audience to do that). But the sex to me, was forgettable. The emotions and feeling surrounding them during sex was forgettable.


Maybe it was because the book was really hard to follow. Or it could be because the relationship between Del and Laurel didn't match. They didn't complement each other, in my opinion at least, so I had a hard time believing in their relationship. I could also point fingers at the fact that I dislike the "feel good" romances. Things go wrong in relationships and life, I don't want to read about a religiously fit and perfect cake maker. You could be the best cake maker and still not get at least one cake bid right. There's too much "happy tears" in this one. I don't wish death upon people so they're as miserable as I am. But, not everything goes according to what you want, how you want it, etc.


So, did I feel like my time was wasted? Yes
Would I read it again? No
Would I recommend others to read it? only if you don't like missing books in series like I dislike.


Ratings:
1. Cover +1
2. Hooked: +.5
3. Finished the book: +1
4. Overall Feeling: ugh: +0
5. Re-readability: +.0
6. Suggest to others: +1 [obsessive series readers only]
7. Lost time: +0
8. Readability: +0


I think this is the lowest I've ever given something. 3.5 out of 10. I never understood the appeal of Nora Roberts, but I thought I'd give her a try. I mean, she has a butt-load of books out! (a butt load is equivalent to a crap load... which equals out to be a lot) And I really did like the first two in her series, but I may be a little more hesitant the next time I want to try a book of hers. Unless you have some recommendations?



Author website

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails