4/06/2009

Scandalous by Lori Foster


Scandalized!
Can passion challenge cool, levelheaded reason? Knee-melting kisses spark more than hotelier Tony
Austin or boutique owner Olivia Anderson ever planned. He wanted an heir, not a
wife. She wanted a no-strings affair…and delicious memories. Scandalous? Perhaps. And it was all going perfectly—until love got in the way.

Sex Appeal
Shadow Callahan sizes up sexy, successful Brent Bramwell as perfect hunk material, ideal for her shopping mall's contest. But take-charge Brent is much more interested in gorgeous, irrepressible Shadow, whose Sex Appeal shop and its, uh, eclectic merchandise make this in-control guy realize he's been missing out. He's got a wild side. And Shadow makes him want to misbehave….

I have found a new writer to follow and study! I absolutely loved these stories by Lori Foster. And I'm so glad I bought some of her other work. Which I would have done anyway, but doing it in advance makes it that much sweeter.
Her writing was fluid and quick but it never left me needing more. It definitely left me wanting lots more, but there's a major difference in the two. It was wonderful. I liked "Scandalized" best of the two, but "Sex Appeal" is very unique in its own right. One thing that I loved is that she didn't fall into the standard cycle that many romances do. Even though I was never faced with what the characters were faced with, I could relate to them easily. (At least for the most part when it comes to "Sex Appeal"... you'll understand why after you've read it). And I could actually see the characters doing what they were doing. And that's a hard thing to do when it comes to romances. [ummmm... I mean more towards the story and plot part.... hehe, not the... things that make it a "romance"] Sometimes it feels like everything they're doing is impossible, but not here :D
I recommend these short stories to anyone who loves a romantic story with pizzaz and enough comedy to keep you smiling through the whole thing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails